Wednesday 28 November 2012

Tutus ...

Today I set my sights on making a tutu for my daughter.  I had bought some 6" wide netting off ebay, 1" wide ribbon & 1cm wide elastic in preparation so had everything ready.  

1.  I measured my daughters waist & cut the elastic to length & stitched the 2 ends together. 
2.  I measured the length of the tutu against my daughter & doubled it to get the length of the strips of netting I would need.  To cut the lengths in bulk I used a tupperware lid (measuring the same as the required length of tutu) to wrap the 6" wide netting around.  Then wrapped the netting and cut along one edge leaving lots of strips ready to tie.  
3.  I folded the 1st piece of netting in half length-ways and pulled both ends through the loop tying the netting around the elastic.  I then Continue with each piece of netting until the elastic was covered.
4.  I finished with a ribbon tied in a bow at the front or side.

Here are the results...

So easy I made 5 today



No comments:

Post a Comment